Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Oregon Weight-Mile Tax

For motor carriers operating commercial vehicles on Oregon public highways, with a gross weight in excess of 26,000 lbs, they are required by the Oregon Department of Transportation to have a Weight Receipts and Tax Identifier, or Receipt. The Oregon Motor Carrier Transportation Division issues these credentials and you are required to file a tax return regardless if you owe any tax or not.

You must cancel your Weight Receipt if you will no longer be operating in Oregon.  

You must report mileage tax on a monthly basis.  The report and payment must be postmarked by the postal service by the last day of the month following the reporting period.  For example, your February report must be postmarked no later than March 31st.

Once you have had 12 consecutive months of filing on time reports, you may request to report mileage on a quarterly basis.  The quarterly due dates are as follows:

January – March
May 31
April – June
August 31
July – September
November 30
October – December
February 28

As a premier processing agency, Truck Services of North America can obtain and file your Weight-Mile Tax for you.  TSNA takes the paperwork out of your way. Check out all our services at and fill out the Service Request Form, email us at or call 803.386.0320.

No comments:

Post a Comment