Friday, May 16, 2014

Hazmat Carrier Registration Filing Period Open

If you are a person that offers for transportation or transports in commerce a shipment containing hazardous materials, including hazardous wastes, you are required to to file a registration statement with the U.S. Department of Transportation and to pay an annual registration fee. This program is administered by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).  The registration period runs from July 1 through June 30 of the following year.

Penalties For Failure To Register: The requirement to register is based on the federal hazmat law. The enforcement of this requirement is conducted cooperatively by federal, state, and local agencies. Federal, state, or local officials may impose penalties for failing to register or failing to meet the recordkeeping requirements.

Copies of the registration statement and the certificate of registration must be kept for three years at your principal place of business and must be available for inspection. Motor carriers and vessel operators must also have on board a copy of the current certificate of registration, or another document bearing the current year’s registration number identified as the “U.S. DOT Hazmat Reg. No.” Every truck or truck tractor or vessel you use for the transportation of a hazardous material that meets the registration criteria must have this proof of registration on board.

The Hazardous Material Registration Statement is due no later than June 30, 2014. You can apply online, by mail or contact Truck Services of North America.  As a premier processing agency, TSNAmerica can file your HazMat Renewal for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment