Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kentucky Use Tax

KYU is the Kentucky Highway Use License and all commercial motor vehicles (except buses) with a gross weight of 60,000 lbs and over traveling into or through Kentucky must have one. New qualifying vehicles must be listed with Kentucky prior to the vehicle entering the state. Temporary permits are also available.

Carriers with an active KYU Number are then required to file a quarterly return and pay mileage taxes to Kentucky. The reporting quarters and deadlines are the same as IFTA:

January – March
April 30
April – June
July 31
July – September
October 31
October – December
January 31

You can E-File your quarterly returns or you can contact Truck Services of North America to handle it for you.  As a premier processing agency, TSNA can assist with obtaining your KYU License and Filing your Quarterly Taxes.  TSNA takes the paperwork out of you.  Check out all our services at and fill out the Service Request Form, email us at or call 803.386.0320.

No comments:

Post a Comment