Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trucking Start Up Services

Interested becoming an independent owner operator? Getting your own operating authority gives you the freedom and ability to run your own operation. In addition to getting your authority, you will be required to register your vehicle and set up the necessary tax accounts, in order to run legally.

At Truck Services of North America, we have packages to assist you and can customize a package to meet your individual needs. We offer many services and here a few:

FMCSA Interstate Operating Authority
Also referred to as an "MC","FF" or "MX" number, depending on the type of authority that is granted. Generally, 'for-hire' carriers engaging in interstate are required to have Interstate Authority Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). TSNA has the expertise to get you your federal authority - quickly and accurately.

Intrastate Authority
Intrastate trucking authority is the right granted by a state to commence for hire trucking operations within the borders of that specific state. A company that is only engaged in intrastate activities does not need to register with IRP or IFTA.

USDOT Number
Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA and must have a USDOT Number. The USDOT Number is a unique identifier used to monitor your company’s safety and compliance during inspections and audits. FMCSA regulations require that all companies and individuals transporting passengers or cargo across state lines using commercial vehicles with a total gross or combined weight of 10,000 lbs or more must register with the FMCSA and obtain a USDOT number. Many states now require ALL commercial vehicle registrants to obtain an USDOT number, including intrastate carriers.

Companies required to obtain a USDOT number must re-file appropriate documentation biennially or in the event the company needs to update information with the FMCSA.

Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
The Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Program is a federally-mandated, annual state-administered registration program. In 2007, Congress replaced the Single State Registration System (SSRS) with the Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) program. The UCR agreement requires all interstate carriers, freight forwarders, leasing companies and brokers based in the United States, Canada, and Mexico to register and submit an annual filing. Those registered under the UCR agreement are also subject to annual fees based on the total number of commercial vehicles operated by the company.

BOC-3 (Process Agents)
Federal regulations require all motor carriers, brokers and freight forwarders to have a current BOC-3 form on file with the FMCSA. The BOC-3 is used to designate process agents (also known as BOC-3 agents) in every state in which the business operates. The process agent serves as a representative for your business in the event that legal documents or court papers must be served.

As a premier processing agency, Truck Services of North America provides the services and tools to help start your business and keep it compliant. Let TSNA navigate your business through the maze of paperwork! Check out all our services at Don’t see what you are looking for?  No problem, simply fill out the Service Request Form and note the service you require in the message section and we will contact you for details.  Of course you can always email us at or call 803.386.0320. TSNA takes the paperwork out of your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment